Monday 6 November 2017

CHEESY JALAPENO POPPERS

CHEESY JALAPENO POPPERS

Normally, we bloggers say that blogging is not a joke because it requires a lot of work. Starting from planning, this includes the recipe selection, then making the item with the properly measured ingredients, then taking nice and presentable photographs of the process and the final product. Not only that but the real work starts after that, which is writing a post about it and then about the recipe with the detailed ingredients and list of steps to follow, which should include all the details so that readers can easily understand and reproduce the recipe and so on and so forth.


But, on the other side of the coin, blogging is a lot of fun. I get the feeling of contentment whenever I share my recipes or even when I do something for my blog. There are enormous reasons behind it, first is that cooking is my passion and when there is an intense desire to do something, a person will definitely enjoy it, the same thing is happening with me. The other reason is that blogging has opened many ventures/doors for me to learn not only new recipes but also to try new cuisines and a lot of new things about food and the food industry. The other thing which I like most about blogging is the integration with people, not only with my readers and people who come and comment on my posts but also with other bloggers. In the last three years, I have made many many new blogger friends, who are from different continents, countries, and cultures and we share the same interest in blogging.



Blogging has not only opened doors for me to learn about the culinary art but also has opened doors for me to learn so many other aspects of life and particularly to learn a lot about DIY projects because many of my blogger friends have blogs in which they share their awesome DIY projects. This recipe is my blogger friend Nikki's recipe; surprisingly her blog is not only about food but about lifestyle too, where occasionally she shares some food recipes. This is the link to the recipe.



I met Nikkki Frank-Hamilton, around 3 years ago, soon after I had started my blog. She is a beautiful lady with a beautiful heart, even apart from her busy life; she is always willing to help others. Her blog is View from in here, which is an awesome blog. She is a great writer and a very good friend of mine. Her friendship is a treasure for me which I want to save for the rest of my life. Her posts are so informative, interesting and knowledgeable that anybody would love to read them. Recently she wrote about “Life lessons learning over 50 years”, which is a must-read for everyone turning 50, every single paragraph of this post is awesome and worth reading. Here is the link-
She also has a Facebook Community group of bloggers, Way-Wow community group where we 20 bloggers help and promote each other. If you would like to join this group, please do contact her.



RECIPE

INGREDIENTS
  • 8 jalapeno chili peppers
  • 100 grams grated mozzarella cheese
  • 100 grams cream cheese.
  • 1-2 tbs of milk if required
  • 2 tbs oil for greasing the chilies and the oven tray
  • 100 grams chopped cilantro
  • salt and black pepper to taste

METHOD


  • Wash the chilies thoroughly, slice in the middle and cut them half lengthwise and de-seed them.
  • Mix cream cheese and mozzarella cheese together with salt and pepper and cilantro, if the mixture is too dry, add the milk to make it smooth.
  • Grease the skin of the chilies and the oven tray with oil, Stuff the mixture into the chilies.
  • Heat the oven for 400 degrees F /204 degrees C.
  • Place the chilies in the greased tray close together so that they do not fall over.
  • Bake for 15-20 minutes, when chilies are brown on the top serve hot as a side dish and enjoy.

I am sharing this post with Sweet Inspiration Link party and Meatless Monday and Fiesta Friday








35 comments:

  1. These look delicious! And I completely agree, Nikki is absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just adore jalapenos at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post to read about our mutual friend! It's been a while since I've fixed anything with these peppers -- I might need to soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is wonderful to meet other bloggers and try their recipes. These definitely sound tasty. My husband and I both love jalapeno poppers but it is a while since I've made my own. Thanks for sharing with #CookONceEatTwice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are right Corina, thanks for your comment. I am sure you will like it if you try this recipe.

      Delete
  5. These recipe is perfect for the upcoming holiday season. So much nicer to make our own and I always trust all your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a special story Sadhna. Nikki is an amazing woman and your cheesy jalapeno poppers looks as yummy as the original

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sadhna Nikki is an incredible lady and a very generous soul. We are all lucky to have met her. I know that recipe with the poppers must be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mary, you are right she is an incredible lady. Thanks very much for your comment.

      Delete
  8. These look fantastic, and we love jalapeños at my house. My husband will definitely want to try these out! And you're right - Nikki is amazing and has brought together such a great group of bloggers. Love reading everyone's blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Amy for your lovely comment dear.Yes, you are right, even me I love reading all the blogs.

      Delete
  9. Wow - what a lovely recipe! I totally agree with you about how fun blogging is and what exciting opportunities is opens up for you. I have done all sorts of things I never expected to be doing as a result of blogging and have met so many amazing people. Thanks for joining in with #CookBlogShare this week :-D Eb x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, so nice of you for your lovely comment, Nice to know you also have the same feeling.Thanks for your comment dear

      Delete
  10. Sadhna, wanna come over and make some poppers together? Wouldn't that be the best? I treasure you and your friendship too. I've learned so much from you, about cooking, new ingredients, and how to tell a wonderful story. I'm so happy that we found each other and I look forward to many more years of friendship! PS-Glad you liked the poppers!!! This was so fun to see someone make my recipe with their twist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sure Nikki, will have a lot of fun of talking and cookies. Thanks very much dear for ll your appreciation and love. Looking forward to learn more from you.

      Delete
  11. And I look forward to the same from you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. These do look yummy! I love a good jalapeno popper.

    Your right about blogging being a LOT of work, but rewarding! I have met a lot of wonderful lady's like Nikki! If was a wonderful day when I accidentally stumbled upon Nikki's blog. I have learned so much from her and other bloggers. It is work but I enjoy every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, Thanks very much for your lovely comment.Yes, you are right I also enjoy every minute of it.

      Delete
  13. Sadhna, this was a beautiful tribute to our friend, Nikki! I didn't realize this was her recipe either. It looks so tasty! You're right everything you said about blogging too. It's both a lot of work, but fun too, and I really treasure the friendships you make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Florence, Thanks very much for your lovely comment dear, yes, this was originally posted by Nikki on her blog, I tied and really liked it then posted on my blog. Thanks for your friendship too.

      Delete
  14. These look very tasty and comforting! Thank you very much for sharing with Eat Your Greens!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your comment, I will come and see.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really wish I could eat some of those . Nice recipe. Bookmarked

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Sowmya for your comment and the visit.

      Delete