Friday 2 January 2015

NO BAKE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE

NO BAKE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE

Happy New Year, wishing everyone happy and healthy 2015.


Last week I was really down with the flu, my story with the flu is strange the more I hate flu, the more it catches me. To me, the flu seems to be a wild animal and I am the easiest prey for it. It feels like, this wild animal is hiding in the bushes and as soon as it lays its eyes on me, it attacks, and I have no way to escape from this evil sickness. Like every time it took me out for four-five days, and I had no energy to do anything, was just resting.


Last week Friday, my daughter told me that she is expecting a family for dinner on Saturday and assured me that she will do all the cooking herself, knowing the fact that I was down with the flu. But I was not satisfied by her proposal of cooking alone. I thought let me make at least one item, the idea behind it was to help her. So I told her, “look, now I am feeling better so let me make some simple dessert”, she agreed.


Now the question in my mind was, what to cook in which less labour or cooking time is required. Then I decided to make the no-bake strawberry cheesecake, all the ingredients needed being already there in the fridge. It didn’t take very long to make it and everybody enjoyed it.



RECIPE

INGREDIENTS

  • 200 grams frozen strawberries pureed
  • 3-4 strawberries for decoration.
  • 100 grams chhena (milk cheese separated from water)*
  • 100 grams sugar
  • 100 ml fresh cream
  • 200 grams plain cream cheese
    For graham cracker crust
  • Two cups graham/digestive cracker (Finely crushed)
  • One cup sugar
  • 8 tbs butter
Method

For crust
  • Mix graham cracker, sugar and butter thoroughly.
  • Press mixture into small individual pie trays ( 3 inches )
  • Bake in the oven for 6-7 minutes on 180 degrees C.
  • Cool it well.
For cream cheese filling
  • Beat cream and chhena in an electric stand mixer.
  • Add sugar and cream cheese and mix.
  • Add strawberry puree and mix well.
  • Pour the mixture in all the small trays
  • Decorate with some strawberry puree and slices.
It can make 16 -18 small sized ( 3 inches) pie trays or two big trays.

*Chhena is very easy to make, boil one-liter milk when boiling add one tablespoon of vinegar, it will separate the milk solid with water. Sieve and remove the water from milk solid, leave it to drip more water for 15-20 minutes. You can get 100 grams of chhena.

This recipe I am sending as my blog entry for Cook Blog Share event.
And also for showcase-talent-thursday event, and with Tuesday Tutorials,





                      





I am also sending this recipe for Recipe of the week event, and for The Heart and soul Hop event, and for delicious dish tuesday, and with Tasty Tuesday event.
                                                                                                                         
I am also sending this recipe for treat-petite event for February, and with Food year link up for April.,       and with Friday Free for all  and with tickle my tastebuds, and with What's do you do this weekend .                                                                                                                                  


                                                                                                                                       
                                                              

                                                                                                           

                                                                                                                     


                                                      

23 comments:

  1. Looks delicious - never tell a food blogger they don't need to do any of the cooking, it never works! Thanks for linking to #CookBlogShare and happy 2015

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadhna, the cheesecake look really delicious.Did you using an icing bag to add the filling? Looks so decorative. You mentioned that you had a left a comment on my pineapple tart recipe but I didn't get any comment from you to approve. Please feel free to comment again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mayuri, I didn't use the icing bag for filling, just used the table spoon. I will check the pineapple tart again.

      Delete
    2. I decorated it with toothpick,as shown in one of the picture.

      Delete
  3. This looks so easy and delicious, love the way you have used chenna and cream to make cream cheese..

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so pretty and I bet they taste wonderful. #recipeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious and beautiful thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop, pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute and delicious looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They turned out beautiful! Thanks for sharing on Tasty Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So perfectly presented! Thank you for entering into Treat Petite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful, I love the decoration on the top. I've not come across chhena before so I'm interested to try it and see what it's like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte, you can Google and find out chhena, there is a Wikipedia on chhena.

      Delete
  10. I'm cheesecake obsessed! So these look delicious. Well done for making them even though you were sick. I hope you are feeling much better now. Thank you for linking up to #frifree4all I'm just off to tweet & pin your entry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear for your nice comment and pinning it. I am fine now.

      Delete
  11. Wow! I love the look and sound of your cheesecake! It look gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it with us #pintorials

    ReplyDelete