Monday 20 November 2017

PIZZA ROLLS

PIZZA ROLLS


Grandchildren are the best gift from God, and I am lucky to have three grandchildren, two are boys and one is a girl. My granddaughter is three years old and she lives in Toronto. My two grandsons are living with me and they both know that I love my blog and enjoy sharing my recipes and they both even know the name of my blog. They both love my cooking and they always appreciate and give the best compliments a grandmother can ever have in the world. All three of my grandchildren are artistically inclined and many a time I have enjoyed and admired their creations.


When I started my blog in 2014, my eldest grandson who was 8 years old at that time, after asking the name of my blog, suggested using spices to write the name of my blog. I really liked the idea and the three of us did a good project of writing the name of the blog with the available spices in my kitchen and they really enjoyed that project. I took the picture of that, which I used as a blog header for many months on my blog.

 

Yesterday, when I was doing some work on my laptop, the younger one who is 7 years old now came to me and told me, “Grandma I am bored, I do not know what to do”, I gave him the idea that he can do some drawing and coloring. After listening to my idea of colouring and drawing, he got some pencils and colours and sat on a chair, near my table and was busy for half an hour and I was busy too with my work.



After half an hour he came to me and showed his drawing, to my big surprise, on that paper I saw the heading was, “Herbs Spices and Tradition”, with a lot of colourful food items that were also drawn on it. I was totally impressed with his drawing, couldn't believe my eyes and gave him a big hug and told him that I will take the picture of it and post it on my blog. Then I suggested to him to write the name of the food items as well so that my readers can also enjoy his drawing and understand what he has drawn, for which I helped in spelling some words as well. Following is the picture.




Both my grandsons love these pizza rolls and they even take them in their lunch boxes to school, so they are made regularly in my kitchen. This recipe is an easy one and I have used brown flour to make it healthy.

RECIPE

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 cups brown bread flour (Whole wheat flour)
  • Half packet active dry yeast ( 5grams)
  • 1tsp salt
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 2 tbs oil
  • more oil for coating

FOR PIZZA FILLING

  • One medium finely chopped onion
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 2 tbs butter (preferably at room temperature)
  • Salt and black pepper to taste
  • 2tbs tomato ketchup
  • 50 grams grated mozzarella cheese
  • 2 green chili optional

METHOD

  • In a cup, dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup of warm water, add sugar and salt in it. Mix well and leave it for 5 minutes until the colour of the water changes and becomes foamy.
  • In a big bowl take flour, add salt, oil and this foamy water of yeast, mix more water and make a soft dough, coat all sides of the dough with oil.
  • Cover with plastic wrap to let it rise (until double the original size). Keep it in a warm place for 1-2 hours to rise.
  • Finely chop onion, garlic and green chilies and mix into the butter (room temperature) and keep it aside.
  • Punch the dough down and divide into two big balls, roll out the ball thin on a flat surface, spread the mixture of onion garlic and butter thinly on top of the dough.
  • Now give a thin layer of ketchup and sprinkle the grated cheese evenly on top of the dough.
  • Cut thin strips as shown in the picture, and roll all the way up to the end of the strip and keep them on a baking tray, leaving some distance in between the rolls.
  • Bake at 350 degrees F/180 degrees C for 15-20 minutes till the cheese is melted.
  • These rolls can be served hot or cold.

36 comments:

  1. pizza roles have come out perfect...shall try it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh Sadhna, your Grandkids are so talented. I love both of their beautiful works of art and it looks like they love their Grand and her amazing blog a LOT. When I saw the pics of your pizza rolls on Facebook I came so close to eating my mobile :D They look so tasty. I'm pinning to try and make one of these weekends. My kids will love them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, thanks very much dear friend for your lovely comment, yes you are right my grandsons love me a lot and love my blog. You can try, this is a simple recipe and I have shown all the steps as well. XOXO

      Delete
  3. I just love what your grandkids did! Those pizza rolls look so good. I've always been afraid to try to make my own pizza, but I think I might be able to try your recipe for Pizza Rolls! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks very much for such a nice comment. I am sure you will enjoy this if you try.

      Delete
  4. They are so lucky to have you around. I wish somebody was around me to make different recipes often which I could take to work ☺️

    I am sure you feel the same way for them- love that work from your grandkid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww,I am also lucky to have them around me and yes I love them a lot.Thanks Alok for your visit and the comment.

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous recipe! I need to make pizza rolls for my children. I think the picture your grandson has done is so good too! Thanks so much for sharing with #CookOnceEatTWice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Corina,I am sure you will love it if you try this recipe.

      Delete
  6. Your Grandkids are so precious! I love that they know the name of your blog and have created artwork to symbolize it. And these pizza rolls look incredible. I love all kinds of pizza and so does my family. This looks like a great project that we can do together and then enjoy eating our work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki, yes you are right, they know about my blog. Go ahead and enjoy, I am sure you will like these rolls if you try them.

      Delete
  7. These look really good - perfect to make ahead of time for my lunch box at work or my grab-n-go breakfast. :D Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very impressed with your 7 year old grandson's detail in his art and his spelling. You should hire him to work on your blog :) Yes to pizza and especially bite size portions. I've never used brown flour before... Thanks for sharing with everyone at Fiesta Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judi, Yes you are right, I should hire him as my assistant for the blog LOL. I have used brown flour because it is healthy. Thanks for your visit and the comment.

      Delete
  9. Sadhna, your grandson is very creative! I'm impressed that he did such a good job with that being that he's only 7. You are blessed with the grands. The pizza rolls look divine. How about saving one for me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Florence, yes you are right I am really lucky to have them. Sure I am keeping some for you, come and enjoy them. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  10. I love the artwork that your grandkids created! My daughter has just started creating art projects, and it's so fun to see what she comes up with. I've never seen pizza rolls like this before, but they look delicious. I love pizza, and I bet my daughter would love these, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy, yes it is a lot of fun to see the artwork of my grandchildren. You can try this recipe I am very sure you will enjoy these pizza rolls.

      Delete
  11. Your Grandchildren have created some beautiful artwork to celebrate your blog, Sadhna! These Pizza Rolls really do look delicious - I'm sure your Grandchildren love them and I know our family would too. Thank you so much for sharing, and for being a part of the Hearth and Soul Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, so nice of you April, thanks for your lovely comment dear. Yes these rolls were so tasty everybody enjoyed. Thanks for your comment and the visit.

      Delete
  12. Your pizza rolls sound delicious and your grandkids are so talented I love the artwork

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my these look delicious. Of course your grandchildren love your cooking they are truly blessed to enjoy it full time.

    Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leanna, yes yo are right they enjoy my coking a lot.Thanks very much for your visit and the comment.

      Delete
  14. Your Pizza Rolls look awesome! Thanks so much for sharing with us at our Thanksgiving Edition of Full Plate Thursday! Hope you have a great week and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like such a fun snack and your grandchildren sound like they love you just as much as you love them!! Thanks for sharing with us at Fiesta Friday!

    Mollie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right.Thanks for your visit and the comment.

      Delete
  16. Thank you for linking to #Cookblogshare These pizza rolls look really delicicous and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I love what your grandsons have done, they are so creative!! And these pizza rolls look yum! I'm sure they enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks very much for such a lovely comment, yes they really liked it.

      Delete