Sunday 11 January 2015

MANGO SMOOTHIE

MANGO LASSI



I love mangoes and I always wait for their season, when I will get a chance to eat sweet ripe mangoes. Before the season, I always look out for hard green unripe mangoes in the shops for pickling. Mango pickle is a favorite of everybody in my family, and hence is made on a large scale in my house, see my mango pickle recipe here.


In Indian cuisine a variety of pickles and chutneys are made with unripe, raw and sour mangoes. My favorite chutney is the mango pachadi, made in Kerala style. Sweet ripe mangoes are used not only in Indian cuisine but also in many world cuisines particularly for making desserts, cakes and drinks.


These days, mango smoothie (lassi) is very famous all over the world, in almost all Indian restaurants it is available. It is a nice cool sweet drink, which people normally think as a summer drink but I would say, it is a all season drink. If you ask me, I really enjoy it in the winter too, particularly during lunch time with some light lunch.


In winter the mangoes available here are not very tasty if we eat as it is. But if I use them in smoothies they are very nice. Sometime I use frozen mangoes when fresh is not available. When I need a light version of the smoothie, I use the low or fat-free yoghurt.

RECIPE

INGREDIENTS:-
  • ½ l yoghurt (Dahi)
  • 1 ripe mango medium size
  • 250 ml water
  • 2 tbs Sugar ( or less to taste)

Method
  • Wash, peel and chop mangoes in small pieces.
  • In a blender add yoghurt, mango and sugar and water.
  • Pulse for 2-3 minutes, pour in a glass and add ice cubes.
  • Serve chilled with or without food as a sweet, cold drink.

This can be served to 2-3 people.

I am sharing this recipe with Weekend Recipe link party, and also with Cook blog share, I am also sharing this recipe with Tasty Tuesday event, and for January family foodie, and Foodie Friday, and for Inspire Me Monday, also with pure blog love party, and with creative Mondays, and with Hearth and soul, and with Food year linkup for Jan, and with Healthy breakfast recipes with Jebbicas world,















           
                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

   






16 comments:

  1. Nice and refreshing Mango smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A simple but tasty smoothie, yum! Perfect for getting those extra fruits a day! #cookblogshare

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very simple! Thanks for sharing on Tasty Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely mango smoothie, a cooling drink for hot days.
    Thank you for your lovely comments.
    To join the shh cooking secretly visit this page. http://priyaeasyntastyrecipes.blogspot.fr/p/shhh-cooking-secretly-challenge.html
    request Priya that you would like to join the group and she will tell you what is required. If you have further queries please do not hesitate to get in touch with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All time favorite, delicious lassi..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! I do love a mango smoothie and often buy it frozen to pop in the blender. Thanks so much for linking up to January's Family Foodies 'Healthy Kids' event.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoo this looks yummy, I am drinking lots of smoothies at the minute :) Pinning to try when I get some mangos.. Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mango smoothie looks delicious, thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop. pinning.

    ReplyDelete