WHOLE WHEAT COOKIES
Aatte ke Biscuit
Happy Mothers day to all mothers.
This post is dedicated to all mothers. We, women, feel really special this day when we not only get gifts and surprises but also a lot of love from our children. The best gift, God has given to women, are her children.
Two days ago when my grandson came from school, he was very excited and told me that he is the only one in his class who is making two cards on mothers day. I asked “why are you making two cards?”, he replied “one for my mom and one for you, because you are also my mom's mom”, I was really touched by the answer. I was actually emotional, then he gave me a big hug, what a great feeling I had at that time.
I love cookies, and I always try new types of cookies available in the shops here. Though I prefer healthy ones like whole wheat, but if I see nice ingredients on the packet, I buy them to test and try. My grandchildren also like chocolate cookies or chocolate chip cookies. These two are the main reasons, you will always find a variety of cookies in my pantry.
My love towards cookies has one more reason- I can not drink tea or coffee alone, I need something with it. Either cookies or some savoury snack is a must for me with tea or coffee, I do not know whether this is good or a bad, but it is just a habit.
Whenever I get time I make cookies because when they are homemade they are even better. The only thing I have to consider is that they should have chocolate chips or chocolate powder so that my grandchildren can also enjoy.
This is the recipe of healthy cookies because it is made with whole wheat flour with little butter and I have also added flax seeds.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour/brown bread flour
- 1 cup cooking oats (if possible, grind this to a flour)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter at room temperature.
- 3 tbs flax seeds powder
- 3 tbs Nesquick choc powder/1tbs cocoa powder
- 3 tbs choc chips/buttons
- 1tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
- 4 tbs milk
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- In a big bowl, take whole wheat flour and mix oats, then baking powder, soda-bi-crab, cocoa and cinnamon powder.
- Now add sugar and mix well.
- Add butter, milk, vanilla essence and flax seeds and mix well.
- Now add chocolate buttons and make small balls and slightly flatten them.
- Heat the oven to 175 degrees C/360 F
- Spread the cookies on parchment paper on an oven tray, they should be 2-3 cm apart.
- Bake in a heated oven 10-15 minutes. 10 minutes for soft and 15 minutes for crunchy.
- When cold put it in a jar. They can stay on the shelf for one month.
I am sending this recipe as my blog post for Full plate Thursday, and for My Two favourite things, with Cook blog share and with Friday Free for all, and with Food Year Linkup, and with Fiesta Friday and with Funtastic Friday, and with weekend creations, and with Meatless Monday, and with Hearth and Soul, and with Tasty Tuesday and with cocoa link party, and with What"d do you do this weekend and with Cooking for all Seasons., and with Food and Fitness Friday, and with Way Wow link party.