Thursday 7 May 2015

WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR COOKIES


WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR COOKIES

Aatte ke Biscuit

Happy Mothers day to all mothers.


This post is dedicated to all mothers. We, women, feel really special this day when we not only get gifts and surprises but also a lot of love from our children. The best gift, God has given to women, are her children.


Two days ago when my grandson came from school, he was very excited and told me that he is the only one in his class who is making two cards on mothers day. I asked “why are you making two cards?”, he replied “one for my mom and one for you, because you are also my mom's mom”, I was really touched by the answer. I was actually emotional, then he gave me a big hug, what a great feeling I had at that time.


I love cookies, and I always try new types of cookies available in the shops here. Though I prefer healthy ones like whole wheat, but if I see nice ingredients on the packet, I buy them to test and try. My grandchildren also like chocolate cookies or chocolate chip cookies. These two are the main reasons, you will always find a variety of cookies in my pantry.


My love towards cookies has one more reason- I can not drink tea or coffee alone, I need something with it. Either cookies or some savoury snack is a must for me with tea or coffee, I do not know whether this is good or a bad, but it is just a habit.


Whenever I get time I make cookies because when they are homemade they are even better. The only thing I have to consider is that they should have chocolate chips or chocolate powder so that my grandchildren can also enjoy.


This is the recipe of healthy cookies because it is made with whole wheat flour with little butter and I have also added flax seeds.


RECIPE

INGREDIENTS


  • 1 cup whole wheat flour/brown bread flour
  • 1 cup cooking oats (if possible, grind this to a flour)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • ½ cup butter at room temperature.
  • 3 tbs flax seeds powder
  • 3 tbs Nesquick choc powder/1tbs cocoa powder
  • 3 tbs choc chips/buttons
  • 1tsp Vanilla essence
  • 1 tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
  • 4 tbs milk
  • ½ tsp baking soda
  • 1 ½ tsp baking powder
METHOD
  • In a big bowl, take whole wheat flour and mix oats, then baking powder, soda-bi-crab, cocoa and cinnamon powder.
  • Now add sugar and mix well.
  • Add butter, milk, vanilla essence and flax seeds and mix well.
  • Now add chocolate buttons and make small balls and slightly flatten them.
  • Heat the oven to 175 degrees C/360 F
  • Spread the cookies on parchment paper on an oven tray, they should be 2-3 cm apart.
  • Bake in a heated oven 10-15 minutes. 10 minutes for soft and 15 minutes for crunchy.
  • When cold put it in a jar. They can stay on the shelf for one month.



43 comments:

  1. whole wheat cookies...wow...Which whole wheat flour you used?
    this looks very delightful and delicious. Must have been a treat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shweta , I just use any whole wheat flour but not the aatta from Indian shop,because it is too finely ground.

      Delete
  2. We will just love your Whole Wheat Cookies, they need to be in my cookie jar! Hope you have a very special Mothers Day weekend and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday this week.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Healthy cookies = an excuse to eat more cookies. Thanks for bringing them to FF this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet story about your grandchild, it really made me smile. These look delicious. I definitely agree with your grandchildren that cookies should have a few chocolate chips in.

    Happy Mother's day and thanks for joining #FoodYearLinkup x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlotte, Thanks for your lovely comment.
      Happy mothers day to you too.

      Delete
  5. Awww Sadhna, what beautiful words, so very true :) I look forward to the day I am a mother....someday :)

    Thanks for this recipe, I love making delicious cookies whole wheat, gives them a more nutty flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet and these cookies.... it is cold and rainy here I think I need to make some cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Mother Day to you too, even it was late! Your cookies look very healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Healthy and delicious cookies, lovely post, though late, Happy Mothers Day..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy!! Thanks for sharing on My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday - Link Party!! Hope to see you tomorrow !! Love your stuff! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks elaine for pinning, yes I will join tomorrow.

      Delete
  10. Looks so appealing and lovely clicks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neela for your comment and for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  11. These cookies sound and look delicious! Thanks for linking up and sharing with us at Funtastic Friday. Hope you join us again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cookies sound delicious, I love the addition of flax seed! Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day, Sadhna! Love these wholesome whole wheat cookies - what a lovely, healthy way to enjoy a treat. Pinned and will tweet - thank you for sharing with us at the Hearth and Soul hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much April for pinning and for tweet, yes I had lovely mothers day.

      Delete
  14. These sound so lovely – and a bit healthy too. Love adding healthy ingredients to cookies. Thanks for linking to #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I need these in my life :-) I'm like you I need a cookie with a hot drink and normally I go for the most unhealthy variety! But these sound delicious and also a healthy treat. Thanks for linking up the recipe to #frifree4all

    ReplyDelete
  16. Healthy...I love cookies with coffee at any time in a day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moumita for your commrnent and visiting my blog.

      Delete
  17. These looks so delicious and I love the ingredients you've used. We never had white flour in the house when I was growing up, so everything was cooked with wholewheat flour. I love it, but as so many people aren't used to it I tend to bake with half and half these days. But these cookies are a perfect vehicle for it. I've not tried baking with ground flax seeds before, only whole ones in my bread. Great to get these ideas. Thanks for linking up to #WeShouldCocoa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, I always use whole wheat flour because it is more healthier.

      Delete
  18. These cookies look amazing!! I happen to love oats-cookies, and this recipe is interesting as it has no eggs. I'd love to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Winnie. I do not eat egg, you will find all my recipes egg free on my blog.

      Delete
  19. What a gorgeous looking little cookie! And knowing you they are as delicious as they look, and I love that they are healthier for me. I won't feel so guilty eating more than one! And your grandson is so precious. I'm sure that they love spending time with you, make sure you pass on all of your lovely stories, they will be so important to future generations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, so nice of you Nikki for such a lovely comment. Thanks very much.

      Delete
  20. D0NATE OR SELL YOUR K1DNEYS WITH THE SUM OF 500,000.00 USD,EMAIL : hospitalcarecenter@gmailcom
    WhatsApp +91 7795833215

    ReplyDelete
  21. We are urgently in need of kidney donors in Kokilaben Hospital India for the sum of $500,000,00, (3 CRORE INDIA RUPEES) All donors are to reply via Email only: hospitalcarecenter@gmail.com or Email: kokilabendhirubhaihospital@gmail.com
    WhatsApp +91 7795833215

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kidney donor needed urgently, we offer huge amount for one kidney only contact me via WhatsApp number: +918122208392 Email: apollohospitalkidneydep@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete