Monday 24 April 2017

FRUIT BOUQUET/ARRANGEMENT

FRUIT BOUQUET/ARRANGEMENT
THIS IS MY 100th POST

EDITED; - This recipe was featured in Hearth and Soul link party on 1st of May 2017. Check here-



I am glad to announce that this is my 100th post! As I floated joyously that I reached this milestone, my mind said, “Only 100? Oh no! I thought I was way ahead! This means I still have a long way to go!”. I took a deep breath and told myself, “No problem! I am ready for this”. My motivation being, I enjoy writing and sharing my recipes with an audience across the world.


When I started my blog in May 2014, all my near and dear, family and friends appreciated, encouraged and blessed me for this new venture. I still remember a friend who is more like a sister to me said, “Sadhna, you're doing a great job because you're sharing your knowledge with the world”. At that moment I didn't really believe it, but later I realized, what she said was true. This blog has given me the opportunity to share my knowledge with the world, and sharing is caring, so I am really happy. Being a teacher, by profession I did a similar job throughout my life, sharing knowledge with my students. LOL, once a teacher, always a teacher!


Well, now I am not only a teacher but a learner as well. I realised in my blogging journey, apart from sharing I am learning a lot. Not only new recipes, but many creative items and projects made with re-purposed junk since many of my blogger friends have DIY project blogs. Check out the blogs of my friends, Nikki- View from In Here, Michelle- A crafty Mix, and Mary-The Boondocks blog. Linda- Mixed Creations and Cathy-My side of 50. I have learnt so many other skills and aspects of improving my life, made a lot of friends, and am really enjoying this journey.


I believe that a person should never stop learning, no matter what age they are. Here, I would like to share a quote from the late Indian president Dr Abdul Kalaam.


Now after two and half years, I can say, I am really glad to share my recipes with everyone. I never thought this would be so enjoyable, as it gives me a feeling of great contentment. Though blogging is not a joke, a lot of effort is required; like cooking/baking a perfect item, taking awesome clicks of it and if possible of all the steps of cooking, writing the detailed recipe and a post about it. And, finally organizing everything and posting it on the blog. After this, another important task is to share it across different social media platforms to alert my readers about the new post. Now, that's a lot of work, isn't it?


Being my 100th post, I wanted to make something I could be proud of, something special which would be appreciated. That feeling of, “Wow, I did it so well!”. I thought for a few days and came to the conclusion that I would make a fruit bouquet/arrangement. I made this the first time on my daughter's birthday last year and bookmarked it to make a new one for my blog, so I found a golden opportunity to do so.


In 2009, when I visited the USA for the very first time and stayed with my daughter, on my birthday I got a fruit bouquet as a gift from my son-in-law. I was totally amazed and loved it. I truly appreciated the creativity of this company who made a business out of presenting something edible so creatively in the form of a bouquet. Later when I got an opportunity to make it myself, I couldn't believe that it was my own creation. You know, when you make something from scratch, you get that feeling of great accomplishment and gratification.


                                (This one I made last year for my daughter's birthday.)

Well, today I am glad to share it on my blog with my readers. It's really simple to make, and you only need lots of fresh fruits plus a few tools.

RECIPE

INGREDIENTS
  • One kg strawberries
  • Half kg grapes
  • Four kiwi fruits
  • Four small sized mangoes
  • 100 grams dark chocolate
  • 3-4 leaves of kale or any other big green leaves
  • You also need 8-10 barbeque sticks, circular cookie cutter, one bowl and some hard sponge.
METHOD

  • Fit the hard sponge tightly inside the bowl, so that it can hold the barbeque sticks firm with the fruits.
  • Wash all fruits and kale leaves thoroughly in running water.
  • Peel and slice kiwi and mangoes and with the help of a cookie cutter cut in circular shapes as shown in the bouquet.
  • Cut 5-6 strawberries in circular shapes.
  • Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, and coat around 5-6 strawberries and place in the fridge to set.
  • Arrange the kale leaves flat on top of the bowl.
  • Arrange all other fruits on the sticks as shown in the picture.
  • Right on top arrange the chocolate coated and uncoated strawberries.

This fruit bouquet/arrangement would make an ideal gift for any occasion.

I am sharing this post as my blog post entry for Meatless Monday, Cook blog Share and Hearth and Soul blog hop and with Cook blog share, with Healthy living link party, Sweet Inspiration link party
with I am pinnable and Fiesta Friday with Food bond and Not so creative Cook and with Cook once and eat Twice















54 comments:

  1. Beautiful arrangement Sadhna! I learn so much from you. Thanks for including me in this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Cathy for your comment and you are welcome dear.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your 100th post Sadhna. I wish you and my tummy a million more please. Your recipes always make me long for one of the most beautiful, soulful countries in the world and my favorite Indian restaurant down the road is always so happy when I share your recipes. They do a roaring trade every time they see me coming.

    I love the way you write and always share little snippets of the story behind the recipe, it makes it so much more perfect. You are one of my favorite food bloggers and I can't wait to make a fruit bouquet for our next braai. It's going to be perfect and it's something I can actually do too. Thank you my friend, Bahut-bahut hardik shubhkamanyein <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, Thanks very much dear for such a lovely,long message and all the encouragement.All your love and appreciation means a lot to me and further encourage me to work extra hard.
      I am glad to see your comment in Hindi, dhanyawad.xoxo

      Delete
    2. The guys at the restaurant helped me ;-) It's pay back time for all the lovely things you share.

      Delete
  3. Many congratulations on the 100th, Sadhna. You've given me a lot to look forward to in terms of improving on my eating habits.

    I like the way you give personal touch to your posts. Thanks for the journey, and wish you many more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alok, thanks very much dear for your comment and for the good wishes.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations of your 100th post Sadhna! The fruit bouquet is beautiful, and I love fruit!
    It has been a joy reading about the different traditions from your culture, and seeing all the yummy recipes. I have learned a lot about different traditions, and foods that I haven't even heard of by reading your post. Thank you so much for the mention in your post! I have met a lot of great people while blogging, and I am so happy to call you my friend. I wish you the best on your next 100 post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Linda, for such a lovely comment and lots off wishes. I am also glad to find people like you in this journey.XOXO

      Delete
  5. Congratulations Sadhna on your 100th post. It is quite an accomplishment. You should be so proud sharing all of these amazing recipes with all of us. And they are healthy and recipes that I would never have tried had it not been for you Sadhna. It is a pleasure and honor to have you as my friend! And now onto another 100 because you only get better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, so nice of you dear Mary, thanks very much for this lovely comment and all the wishes. I am lucky to have so many friends like you which I met them in this journey of blogging.

      Delete
  6. Congrats...way to go...perfect bouquet for a food blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sadhna, congratulations on your 100th post! What a milestone. I have enjoyed each post that you have written, not only do I love your recipes, but I look forward to reading the story that comes with it. You know I have a love of learning, I'm kind of a geek about it. LOL Hanging out with friends, like you, who love to learn too is so much fun for me. I am so thankful that we found each other in this big world and I treasure our friendship. The fruit bouquet is so pretty, I have never received one but now I'm motivated to make my own for our next summer party. Thanks for sharing how you created yours. Congratulations again my friend, here's to the next 100!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Dear Nikki, thanks for such a lovely and long comment. I remember we met two years ago, I am really lucky to find you and your blog, which is giving me chance to learn a lot.Thanks for reading my post and all the encouragement, it means a lot to me.Looking forward for your support in future.XOXO

      Delete
  8. Perfect for spring! I love it and happy 100th post to you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on you 100th post, these fruit bouquets are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much dear for your visit and the comment.

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on your 100th post! I love coming to your blog because I feel like I always something new from you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't see a piece of fruit on there that I don't like! The chocolate covered strawberry is the crowning glory too! Never met any chocolate I didn't like either! Also like how you've used kale at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like all fruits in here, ya chocolate on strawberry is really yummy. Thanks for your comment dear.

      Delete
  12. Sadhna, Georgia is graduating in January and for her party I think we're going to do a dessert and hot chocolate bar. This will be a perfect centerpiece. Thanks for sharing the how to's it will save me a lot of time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much dear for your comment. i am glad you really liked it and want to try it.

      Delete
  13. This looks so beautiful and delicious! I've never heard of a fruit bouquet before. But, now I want one. :) And congratulations on your 100th post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina that you really likes it and thanks for your comment dear.

      Delete
  14. Absolutely beautiful! What a great way to celebrate your 100th post :)
    Thank you for bringing your lovely display to this week's Fiesta Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Elaine, for your visit and the comment.

      Delete
  15. Congratulations on your 100th post! This wonderful fruit bouquet is a fantastic choice to mark the occasion. Looks amazing and I love how you've combined fruit and vegetables in it. Thank you for sharing with #CookBlogShare:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica for your visit and the lovely comment.

      Delete
  16. Oh, wow! These look so creative and so pretty! And congrats on the 100th post! Looking forward for more! :D Thanks for bringing these beauties at this week's FF!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful. Healthy, colorful and yummy. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your 100th Post dear. This looks perfect for the occasion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's a pleasure to feature this post at Hearth and Soul this week! Love these beautiful fruit bouquets, and it's so nice to be able to make them at home! I was sure I had left another comment but I can't see it...Thank you so much for mentioning the Link Party at the top of your post, and once again, Congratulations on your 100th post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much April for your visit and the comment dear.Thanks again for featuring my post.

      Delete
  20. Great arrangement of fruits , congratulations on your 100th post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Amber for your visit and the comment.

      Delete
  21. Looks very nice, congratulations on your 100th post..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations for ur 100th post. This is a wonderful and a beautiful arrangement of fruits. I usually follow ur blog regularly, how did I miss it this time... Really enjoy visiting ur blog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeena for your lovely comment and for checking my blog regularly, so nice of you.

      Delete
  23. Congratulations Sadhna ji for your 100th post. This gorgeous fruit bouquet is just perfect for any occasion !

    ReplyDelete
  24. Many congratulations on your 100th post and what a perfect dish to celebrate it with! Thanks for joining up with Simple and in Season.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think these fruit bouquets look so pretty Sadhna and my first thought was that as well as looking good, they'd be a great way to make eating fruit fun for kids too. Thanks so much for sharing with #CookOnceEatTwice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right Corina, thanks very much for your comment dear.

      Delete
  26. I was looking for this type of post and you have provided me this. I am very thankful to you. send gifts to Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  27. I want to Thank you for this. I had gained good ideas for my new topic Birthday gift Karachi

    ReplyDelete