Tuesday 11 November 2014

RED PLUMS YOGURT SMOOTHIE

RED PLUMS YOGURT SMOOTHIE



Winter is in full swing here, this week we got a good amount of first snow, but plums can still be seen on the shelves in the shop. Soon they will disappear, (it will be difficult to find them) so this is the time to use them, last time in this season. When we receive the first snow fall here, the surroundings look so good, everything is white and shining. But when we go out, the wind chill makes the cold even worse.


One day I and my daughter had a discussion about the seasons in Canada, she was explaining to me about the four seasons here, their duration and timings etc. Then I told her that according to me, there are only two seasons in Canada, the first one when everything and surrounding is really green and the other one when everything and surrounding is white. Then we laughed a lot because that is a true scene here.


Sometimes fruits are sitting in my fridge, and my children have no time to eat. They find it easier to eat a banana because they can just grab and go, but fruits like plums- they have no time to cut and eat them. So I use my own ways of feeding them fruits by making fruit chaats or drinks like smoothies, shakes. In this way I satisfy my self by assuming, I am helping them and saving their time, on the other end I assume they will at least get the benefit of the nutrients in the fruits.


When I am talking about all these summer fruits here, I am thinking of my friends in South Africa, who might be welcoming the summer season with open arms as I use to do when I was there, as I really love summer fruits. Soon my friends there will be enjoying all summer fruits, to name few of them like plums, peaches, mangoes and grapes. I miss South Africa where fruits and veg shops are full of locally grown, fresh fruits in huge sizes in summer. Being in the southern hemisphere, the summer season there lasts from October to March.

This is a flavorful, colourful, sweet and sour smoothie, which everybody likes in my family. The colour and taste both are awesome and it is very easy and quick to make.

RECIPE

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup plain yoghurt
  • 1 medium size plum
  • 2 tbs sugar (to taste)
  • 1 cup water
METHOD
  • Wash and cut plums in small size, remove the stone.
  • Put water and plums in blender and pulse for 2 minutes
  • Add yoghurt and sugar and pulse again for 2-3 minutes.
One big glass of smoothie is ready. It should be served cold with breakfast or lunch depending on your preference.



This recipe I am sending as my blog entry for event here.
This recipe I am sending as my blog entry for the First blog anniversary event.

       

 This recipe I am also sending as my blog entry for the event, and another event, and for Recipe of the week event, and for Weekend Recipe link up,and with Meatless Monday.and with What'd you do this weekend, and with Food year linkup.










  

20 comments:

  1. Never tried plums in a lassi, this looks delicious, going to try this soon..

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy lassi, sounds very refreshing. Did you stay at the Hare Krishna Temple as that's the only one near the tusks. Further away from the tusks but near the railway station is the Sikh temple, Swaminarayan temple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Mayuri,
      May be I stayed in a Swaminarayan temple, it had Library on one side and rooms were on the first floor.

      Delete
  3. Looks tasty & healthy! Yum! #recipeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of plums in a smoothie, bet it tastes delicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks and sounds delicious. Really refreshing #recipeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious! I like plum smoothies and yogurt with plums and bran flakes (cereal or other toppings) is one of my favorite things that I became addicted to when in Ireland last year. Thank you for linking up for Meatless Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow perfect for spring! I love all of your creative recipes. Thanks for linking up with us again

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds delicious, I love smoothies but haven't made one with plums before, pinning to try! Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm, I've not tried plum in a smoothie before. I'd imagine it tastes delicious so I'll have to give it a try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Charlotte, please give a try, I like it too much.

      Delete