Saturday 31 October 2015

(EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT ) HOSTING-MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR(MLLA) # 89



I am pleased and humbled to host My Legume Love Affair #89, for the month of November 2015. MLLA is an ongoing, monthly event since 2008 in which, bloggers from any country or cuisine can take part in this event by presenting their vegetarian legume recipes. This event was created and started by Susan of The well seasoned cook in 2008, and has been hosted by Lisa of Lisa's kitchen since February 2013.

This is the first time I am hosting this prestigious event/ blog party since I have started blogging in the month of May 2014. Though from the last few months I am sending my recipes as my blog post entry to many blog hop parties, I feel it is now the time for me to get the experience of hosting an event. I am really obliged and would like to give thanks to Lisa from Lisa's kitchen, who gave me this chance and believed in me to host this event.

My legume love affair started a long time ago, being born in a vegetarian family, and later growing up in a family where lentils were made every single day. My mother was a total vegetarian, who never tasted any meat, seafood or even egg in her life. Lentils play a vital role in a vegetarian's diet because they are the main source of protein. We vegetarians consume some or the other type of legumes almost every day in our diet to get the constant supply of protein and their nutrients in our diet.

In Indian cuisine, lentils are used in many ways e. g. all lentil curries (Stew) are a regular thing, with many lentils made as a dry side dish/salads. Many traditional sweet items and snacks are also made with lentils or their flours- in which chickpeas flour is the most common one.

Legumes include all types of lentils, pulses, fresh or dried beans, peanuts etc, the list is endless. You can even include chick peas flour or any other lentil flour too, all you need to do is to present your legume-centric dish on this event page.

Rules and Guidelines for this event

  1. All world cuisines are welcome, vegetarian or vegan- all entries should be egg free, meat free, seafood free.
  2. All courses of meals are accepted-starters, main meal, snack, desserts etc
  3. Any derivative such as chickpeas flour, any other lentil flour or even tofu is accepted, as long as the main ingredient is LEGUME.
  4. For your dish to be included in the roundup, it must contain more than just a few tablespoons of legumes. Or the main ingredient of the dish should be a legume.
  5. Please, ONE entry per blogger.
  6. Please link to this announcement page, Susan's page and Lisa's page (It is compulsory)
  7. This event will close on 30th of November 2015.
  8. Any suitable archived entry should be re-posted in this month of the event.
  9. Use of logo is optional but appreciated.
  10. Please link your entries below.Round-up will be posted on 2nd of December 2015 on my web page.
  11. Nonbloggers can send their recipes through e-mail together with the photo of the dish, I will consider them and include them in the round-up.
  12. Any questions or queries should be directed to me on- herbsspicesandtradition@gmail.com



Grab this party button and put it somewhere in your blog.

Thanks for stopping by, I can't wait to see what you are going to share here in this event. Use the link below to add your entry







10 comments:

  1. Congratulations for becoming a host at the annual event. This is the first time I'm learning about it and appreciate that it's a yearly event. Hope you enjoy looking at my blog post for Organic Red Lentil at http://obloggernewbie.blogspot.com/2015/06/surprising-features-and-recipes-for.html Nancy A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for joining and for your comment. I will definitely come and see your post and recipe.

      Delete
  2. Wow, good for you! Congratulations, this is a big step and an achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for inviting me dear, would surely try to participate and share. and congratulations for hosting the event.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great linkup, thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting this event Sadhna,have submitted my link but strangely can't see the pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Saswati, thanks for sharing, this is strange why is it not showing the picture, please try again, may be some problem with linky tool.

      Delete